(3) SHRI RAMESH TAWADKAR, MLA moved the following:
“This House unanimously resolves that though National Highway Authority of India is taking up the 4/6 lanning of National Highway 17, the State Government should take up on priority the construction of Galjibag and Talpona bridge through Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation.”
Shri Ramesh Tawadkar, spoke on the Resolution.
Shri Digambar Kamat, Chief Minister replied to the points raised by the mover.
The resolution was withdrawn by the leave of the House
SPEAKER, made the following Obituary References on the sad demise of the following distinguished luminaries:
1. FORMER LEGISLATORS OF THIS HOUSE
1. Late Shri Luis Alex Cardozo, former legislator of the First, Second and Third Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa from Fatorda Constituency and former Minister of Forests, Panchayati Raj, P.W.D. and Social Welfare.
2. Late Shri Teotonio Francisco Pereira, former legislator of the First, Second, Third and Fifth Legislative Assembly of Goa, Daman and Diu from St. Andre Constituency.
2. DISTINGUISHED PERSONALITIES
1. Late Shri General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Defence Staff was conferred the prestigious Padma Vibhushan Award posthumously.
2. Late Shri General Sunith Francis Rodrigues, former Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army, recipient of the prestigious Param Vishisth Seva Medal and former Governor of Punjab.
3. Late Shri. Ian St John Da Costa, Brigadier Commandant of the Kumaon Regimental Center, Ranikhet, decorated with VSM for his success in Bangladesh war in 1971. A true son of the soil.
4. Late Shri Babasaheb Purandare, renowned historian, theatre legend and recipient of the prestigious Padma Vibhushan Award.
5. Late S/Shri Victor Albuquerque and Rahul Bajaj, eminent business doyens and philanthropists.
6. Late Shri Dr.Manjunath Desai, a renowned cardiologist.
7. Late Smt.Sindhutai Sapkal, noted social reformer and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri award.
8. Late S/Shri Prof.A.K.Srivastava, renowned educationist and Nand Kishore Prusty, noted educationist and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri award.
9. Late S/Shri Shridhar Verekar and Yashwant Desai, veteran freedom fighters and noted educationists.
10. Late Shri Dajibab Kundaikar, businessman, philanthropist and social worker.
11. Late Shri Ramdas Ganpat Chafadkar, retiredteacher and freedom fighter.
1. Late Ms. Lata Mangeshkar, veteran legendary singer and recipient of the prestigious Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, Dada Saheb Phalke and Bharat Ratna Awards.
2. Late Shri Pandit Birju Maharaj, Kathak doyen and recipient of the coveted Padma Vibhushan Award.
3. Late Smt. Dr. Maria Aurora Couto, an acclaimed litterateur, educationist, sociologist and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri Award.
4. Late Shri Bappi Lahiri, renowned music legend.
5. Late Shri Dr. Bhicaji Ghanekar, noted doctor, poet, author, and lyricist.
6. Late S/Shri Puneeth Rajkumar and Ramesh Deo, renowned film legends.
7. Late S/Shri Ashok Naik Tuekar alias ‘Pushpagraj’ and Mahesh Gaonkar, renowned poets.
4. NOTED SPORTS PERSONALITIES/LEGENDS
1. Late Shri Shane Warne, Australian iconic Cricket legend.
2. Late Shri Charanjit Singh, noted hockey legend and Captain of India’s 1964 Tokyo Olympics Gold Medal winning Hockey team and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri and Arjuna Awards.
First Session 2022
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY - 3
“This House congratulates Kum Shreya Manohar Tengse and Master Julien D’Costa who have been awarded National Balshree Award for the year 2012-13.”
The following Members spoke on the Motion:
1. Shri Digambar Kamat, MLA……………………..12 34 PM
2. Shri Vishnu S. Naik Wagh, MLA…………………12 35 PM
3.Shri Ramesh Tawadkar, Minister for Sports & Youth Affairs…………………………………………………12 36 PM
4. Shri Rajendra Arlekar, Speaker…………………12 41 PM
The Motion was adopted unanimously.
Seventh Session 2014
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY -14
SHRI RAMESH B.TAWADKAR, Minister for Sports and Youth Affairs and Tribal Welfare moved the following:
“This House congratulates Shri Gagan Narang ,Rifle Shooter of India for winning Bronze Medal at the 30th Olympic in London thereby bringing huge laurels to India and a smile on the face of 1.10 billion Indians.”
SHRI RAMESH TAWADKAR, MLA moved the following : “This House congratulates Shri Devidas Kadam, Konkani writer for being selected for the prestigious Sahitya Academy Award for his Konkani book (novel) titled “DIKA” in the year 2007.”
Shri Ramesh Tawadkar took part in the debate.
The motion was adopted unanimously.
Third Session 2008
S/SHRI RAMESH TAWADKAR, VIJAY PAI KHOT, MLAs moved the following:
“This House congratulates Shri Mahendra Phaldessai, a Primary School Teacher from Canacona for announcement of Teachers’ Award to him by Ministry of Education, Government of India which will be awarded on 05 September 2010 by the President of India.”
The following Members spoke on the congratulatory motion:
SHRI RAMESH TAWADKAR, MLA made a mention about the anxiety in the minds of the Scheduled Tribe population of Goa for not allotting 12 % of the funds under the Tribal Sub Plan also non utilization of allotted funds during the last three years budget.
SHRI RAMKRISHNA DHAVALIKAR, Minister for Social Welfare replied to the mention.