Constituency No/Name: 40 - Canacona
Valedictory remarks by the Hon'ble Speaker for 02nd Session 2022 of the Eight Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa
Date : 22 Jul 2022View / Download 1.06 MB
Valedictory remarks by the Hon'ble Speaker for 1st Session 2022 of the Eight Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa
Date : 20 Apr 2022View / Download 883.93 KB
(3) SHRI RAMESH TAWADKAR, MLA moved the following:
“This House unanimously resolves that though National Highway
Authority of India is taking up the 4/6 lanning of National Highway 17,
the State Government should take up on priority the construction of
Galjibag and Talpona bridge through Goa State Infrastructure
Shri Ramesh Tawadkar, spoke on the Resolution.
Shri Digambar Kamat, Chief Minister replied to the points raised by the
The resolution was withdrawn by the leave of the House
Thirteenth Session 2011
SPEAKER made the following Congratulatory References:
1.“The House congratulated Abhijit Nimbalkar, for winning Bronze in Gymnastics, Pushpender Rathi for winning Bronze in Boxing, Yukta Satarkar, for winning Bronze in Mallakhamb, Shrungi Bandekar, for winning Bronze in Swimming (200 mtrs Ind .Medley) Aaron Pereira and Ram Dhawaskar for winning Bronze in Beach Volleyball Winners at the National Games, 2022 held at Gujarat.
2.The House congratulated Ravalnath Unity Sports Club, Talarna, Pednem Goa, for winning the 1st prize in the Historical Drama competition organized by Rajiv Gandhi Kala Mandir, Goa, for best drama “He Shreechi Ichha”; and Shri Om Kala Shrusti, Nageshi, Bandora, for winning the 1st prize under the Women Music Drama competition category for the drama “Aham Devyani” and Abhinav Kala Theatres, Pednem, Goa, for winning the 2nd prize for the drama “Ekach Pyala”.
3.The House congratulated Rasrang–Ugvem for achieving 1st prize in the 55th Marathi Drama Competition 2022-23, organized by Kala Academy, Goa at Ravindra Bhavan Sankhali Goa, in the ‘A’ category, for drama “Infilteration”; 2nd prize by Nagesh Mahalaxmi Prasadik Natya Samaj, Bandora, Goa, for the Marathi drama “Ek Rikami Baju’ and 3rd prize to Sateri Kala Mandir, Hasapur, Pednem, for drama “Handsup”.
4. The House congratulated Durva Theatre, Karmali Tiswadi, for being adjudicated the 1st prize in the 53rd Marathi Drama Competition 2022-23 organized by the Kala Academy, Goa at Ravindra Bhavan Sankhali, in ‘B’ category for drama “The Consciousness.”; Om Kala Shrusti Nageshi, Bandora for being adjudicated the 2nd place for drama “Shrimaan Yogi” and Shivam Sports and Cultural Club, Halarna, Pednem Goa, for being adjudicated the 3rd place for drama “Rana Raghini.”
5.The House congratulated Smt. Jayanti Naik, for winning the prestigious Vimala. V. Pai Vishwa Sahitya Puraskar Award, 2022, for the best Konkani Book “Tichi Kanni”.
6.The House congratulated Shri Manikrao Gawanekar, for winning the prestigious Vimala. V. Pai Vishwa Konkani Jeevan Siddhi Sanman, 2022 for his contribution to Konkani Language and Literacy Movement.
Third Session 2023
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY -4
SPEAKER made the following Obituary References of the sad demise of the following distinguished dignitaries/luminaries:-
1. FORMER LEGISLATORS OF THIS HOUSE
(i) Late Shri Pandurang Raut, former Minister for Tourism, Transport and Social Welfare and former legislator of the First and Third Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa from Bicholim Constituency.
(ii) Late Shri Shivdas Shet Verenkar, former Minister for River Navigation and former legislator of the First and Second Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa from Ponda Constituency.
(i) Late Emeritus Benedict XVI, former Pope.
(ii) Late Smt.Heeraben Modi, mother of the Hon.Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modiji.
(iii) Late Shri Mulyam Singh Yadav, former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and former Union Defence Minister.
(iv) Late S/Shri J.J.Irani and Cyrus Mistry, renowned industrialists.
(v) Late S/Shri Juliao Caridade De Souza and Krupavant Lanjekar, veteran freedom fighters.
(vi)Late Dr. Joe D’Souza, renowned environmentalist.
(vii) Late Shri Bhago Bhairo Varak,Oldest Panchayat Member of Goa .
2. FILM/THEATRE/MUSIC/PERFORMING ARTS/MAESTROS/LITTERATEURS
(i) Late S/Shri Cirilo Fernandes and Mathias Correa, alias Selvy, noted tiatr artistes.
(ii) Late Dominique Lapierre, veteran author.
(iii)Late S/Shri Gurudas Singbal, Anant Salkar and Rajan Golatkar, veteran journalists.
(iv) Late Prof Adi H.Doctor, also known as the Father of Political Science in Goa. He was the former Acting Vice Chancellor of Goa University and former Dean and Head of Department of Political Science at Goa University.
(v) Late Shri Rajkumar Dessai, founding Member of Prabhodan Educational Society.
(vi) Late Shri Vikram Gokhale, noted Actor.
(vii) Late Ms.Rajani Bhembre, veteran litterateur, educationist and known for her noteworthy contribution to the Konkani Movement.
NOTED SPORTS PERSONALITY/LEGEND
(i) Late Shri Edson Arantes do Nascimento alias Pele, football legend.
(The House stood in silence for a minute as a mark of respect to the departed souls).
Third Session 2023
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY -2
SPEAKER to make the following Congratulatory References:
(i) Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, on being elected as the 14th Vice-President of India.
(ii) The Argentina team led by Lionel Messi, for winning the coveted World Cup football.
(iii) Miss Bhakti Kulkarni,for winning the prestigious Arjuna Award for her outstanding performance in (Chess).
(iv) Smt Maya Kharangate,for winning the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award for her Konkani novel ‘Amrutvel’.
(v) Fr.Myron Barreto, noted litterateur, for winning the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar, 2022 for his literary work ‘Tallo’ (The Voice) and Smt. Jyoti Kunkoliekar, noted litterateur, for winning the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Bal Sahitya Puraskar, 2022, for her children’s novel ‘Mayuri’.
(vi) Master Ethan Vaz, for winning the Asian Youth Championship, winning the individual goals as well as team gold for India in the Under -12 Open category at the Asian Youth Chess Championship at Bali Indonesia. He also won the Gold Medal for India at the Commonwealth Chess Championship 2022.
(vii) Ms.Pearl Colvalcar, for winning Bronze Medal at Asian Games Selection Trails and Youth Nationals held at Marve,Mumbai.
(viii) Shri Praveen Dashrath Bandekar, for being conferred the prestigious Sahitya Akademi Award for his Marathi Novel ‘Ujvya Sondeche Bahulya’.
(ix) Erica J De Sequeira and Karan Pandit, for winning a series of 3 Gold,1 silver and 3 Bronze medals at the 10th Edition of the Open Tongil Moo-do International Martial Arts Championship 2022 held in Mombasa ,Kenya
Third Session 2023
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY -2
SPEAKER, made the following Obituary References on the sad demise of the following distinguished luminaries:
1. FORMER LEGISLATORS OF THIS HOUSE
1. Late Shri Luis Alex Cardozo, former legislator of the First, Second and Third Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa from Fatorda Constituency and former Minister of Forests, Panchayati Raj, P.W.D. and Social Welfare.
2. Late Shri Teotonio Francisco Pereira, former legislator of the First, Second, Third and Fifth Legislative Assembly of Goa, Daman and Diu from St. Andre Constituency.
2. DISTINGUISHED PERSONALITIES
1. Late Shri General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Defence Staff was conferred the prestigious Padma Vibhushan Award posthumously.
2. Late Shri General Sunith Francis Rodrigues, former Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army, recipient of the prestigious Param Vishisth Seva Medal and former Governor of Punjab.
3. Late Shri. Ian St John Da Costa, Brigadier Commandant of the Kumaon Regimental Center, Ranikhet, decorated with VSM for his success in Bangladesh war in 1971. A true son of the soil.
4. Late Shri Babasaheb Purandare, renowned historian, theatre legend and recipient of the prestigious Padma Vibhushan Award.
5. Late S/Shri Victor Albuquerque and Rahul Bajaj, eminent business doyens and philanthropists.
6. Late Shri Dr.Manjunath Desai, a renowned cardiologist.
7. Late Smt.Sindhutai Sapkal, noted social reformer and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri award.
8. Late S/Shri Prof.A.K.Srivastava, renowned educationist and Nand Kishore Prusty, noted educationist and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri award.
9. Late S/Shri Shridhar Verekar and Yashwant Desai, veteran freedom fighters and noted educationists.
10. Late Shri Dajibab Kundaikar, businessman, philanthropist and social worker.
11. Late Shri Ramdas Ganpat Chafadkar, retiredteacher and freedom fighter.
3. FILM/THEATRE/MUSIC/PERFORMING ARTS/MAESTROS/ LITTERATEURS
1. Late Ms. Lata Mangeshkar, veteran legendary singer and recipient of the prestigious Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, Dada Saheb Phalke and Bharat Ratna Awards.
2. Late Shri Pandit Birju Maharaj, Kathak doyen and recipient of the coveted Padma Vibhushan Award.
3. Late Smt. Dr. Maria Aurora Couto, an acclaimed litterateur, educationist, sociologist and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri Award.
4. Late Shri Bappi Lahiri, renowned music legend.
5. Late Shri Dr. Bhicaji Ghanekar, noted doctor, poet, author, and lyricist.
6. Late S/Shri Puneeth Rajkumar and Ramesh Deo, renowned film legends.
7. Late S/Shri Ashok Naik Tuekar alias ‘Pushpagraj’ and Mahesh Gaonkar, renowned poets.
4. NOTED SPORTS PERSONALITIES/LEGENDS
1. Late Shri Shane Warne, Australian iconic Cricket legend.
2. Late Shri Charanjit Singh, noted hockey legend and Captain of India’s 1964 Tokyo Olympics Gold Medal winning Hockey team and recipient of the prestigious Padma Shri and Arjuna Awards.
First Session 2022
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY - 3
“This House congratulates Kum Shreya Manohar Tengse and Master Julien D’Costa who have been awarded National Balshree Award for the year 2012-13.”
The following Members spoke on the Motion:
1. Shri Digambar Kamat, MLA……………………..12 34 PM
2. Shri Vishnu S. Naik Wagh, MLA…………………12 35 PM
3.Shri Ramesh Tawadkar, Minister for Sports & Youth Affairs…………………………………………………12 36 PM
4. Shri Rajendra Arlekar, Speaker…………………12 41 PM
The Motion was adopted unanimously.
Seventh Session 2014
BUSINESS FOR THE DAY -14
SHRI RAMESH TAWADKAR, MLA made a mention about the anxiety in the minds of the Scheduled Tribe population of Goa for not allotting 12 % of the funds under the Tribal Sub Plan also non utilization of allotted funds during the last three years budget.
SHRI RAMKRISHNA DHAVALIKAR, Minister for Social Welfare replied to the mention.
Eleventh Session 2010